Friday, June 17, 2011

2 stages down

2 stages down for Banff Bike Fest.

The 1.5 km Prologue Hill Climb landed impressive results for our team. 4 in top 20 with all 7 in top 36. Gord lead team finishing 4th with myself 4 seconds back 10th. Super pumped with 10th place against this field, even more pumped that I shaved 9 seconds from last year!

Part of me having a temporary upgrade to Cat 1 this weekend was foregoing any points I would have for Cat 3 (my usual category). Marnie does not understand why I would not just race Cat 3 in my home town and potentially podium...but competitive person in me decides to take advantage of the opportunity to race Cat 1 in this beauty race.

Sure enough I would have won Cat 3 by 17 seconds!!

Today's 1A Lake Louise race was freakin cold +5 and rain entire race....totally bonked last km finishing mid 40's. Gord rocked out a sick 4th place again, Eric was a champion at the front pulling back break after break last 5 km's.

Time Trial tomorrow morning with Crit at night......

Proloque

No comments: