Friday, October 15, 2010

Rest of Summer and Provincial Championships

After Banff Race, put on 12 lbs and biked a whopping 2 hrs the entire next month.

Spent time with family enjoying time together. A few trips away to Kelowna and Marn's moms place at Little Bow Lake.

End of July after 1.5 months of relaxing and zero biking, decided to enter Road Race Provincials in 3 weeks. Road 3 hrs / week tops with indoor intervals when I had time.

Similar to Banff Race, days out was laughing at the 107km distance as I had literally rode that distance once the past 2 months :)  Staring line with Robbie he was complaining he took 1 week OFF the bike last month where I laughed to him I have ridden one week in last 2 months.

At front of race first half where hung back for a bit. Last quarter at front again with 2 other guys chasing 2 people down. Hilarious as nobody else was helping, 1 guy actually yelled back for help and still nothing - how can one fell good with themselves siting mid pack watching others. Again part of road racing and I am on the wrong side of the strategy but who cares - I am racing 3 times all summer not going to hand mid pack.

Final 500 metes at front with others while spending zero energy being smart where guy comes mocking by with  Harlee and Matt on wheel. I hesitated for .02 sec (why)? which cost me race Ended 4th . Fellow RMCC rider Matt placed 3rd - nice!

Happy with 4th considering rode 3 hrs once in 2 months so surprised I had the legs for race.

RMCC 3rd and 4th

No comments: