Monday, September 19, 2011

Bow 80 beat down

As always, the Bow 80 chewed me up and spat me out on the ground. Tough long 5 hr day in the saddle, my entire body this morning feels like it was run over by a freight train then kicked continuously by the mad cows that were on the trails. At least I did not get attacked like the guy a few years ago breaking his face, hence the event's name this year -


Thought taking out J-pound and Cox would result in a tad less climbing, quite the opposite to say the least! How does a 45 minute climb feel 3.75hrs into a race? The steep endless descent after that climb was one for the books, think Upper Stoney over and over.  Riding well for first 2hrs where my legs then turned to lead weights, very humbling for there on in  :)

Cory W had endless mechanicals but still managed a 2nd place. Think he jinxed himself in his latest blog post about not having to use his latest sponsor  http://www.corywallace.com/  Xterra champ Mike Vine from Edmonton took it

Results not posted but think Leighton was top 5 or 10 with diesel train Craig Bartlett 3rd in his age group, those boys just keep trucking - impressive 40+ yr olds.

Overall such an epic race. Loads and loads of climbing with bomber descents, a true mountain biking course. The race made me realize how much I miss mtn biking where I started in the sport, so different than the road. See what next year brings? 

No comments: