Monday, November 1, 2010

Cross Race & Tour duh Canmore

Yesterday brought my highs and lows of fitness, thats what it felt like.
On the trainer Monday and Tuesday for quick sessions:
Monday 8 min SS  3 min Off  3 min HC then 8 min SS x 3
Tues      20 sec on 10 sec off for 5 minutes  repeat twice more
Felt well during those especially the 20 sec intervals. Rest of week was busy so only chance was a quick Saturday light spin with several 30 sec bursts to keep the legs firing.

Cross Race - practice laps put on a smile on my face with excitement of my first cross race and the gong show of a course - plenty of off camber with punchy hills.
Was top 6 for first 2 laps feeling good then BAM hit the wall like I have never experienced. Seriously out of nowhere my legs felt like lead weights, complete blocks. Honestly have never bonked or shut down like that ever. Still trying to figure it out, fair enough your HR is through the roof asap in cross races but wow. Remember looking down at watch and see 17 minutes in, OMG still 35 mins to go. Hung in there as much as I could, still managed  15th out of 30 I believe. Tough intro to cross but had a riot :)

kisses from seth



Later that night Tour Duh Canmore - Drake bar
3 stationary bikes set up to computer portrayed on screen for whole bar to watch. 15 seconds give or take
First attempt was horrendous. My legs were complete blocks with enormous amounts of lactic acid flowing, 16.7 secs put me 24th of 38 people :) Thought well was a tough cross race today lets hit the beers and watch the event now. Keith beside me put an impressive 13.5 sec.
We both bought in $5 for another chance. Well 3.5 secs faster and all of a sudden I  am in 3rd overall with 13.2 secs.
Finals with 3 of us. Beer gave me extra boost and a 12.2 sec appears on screen with myself winning! Hilarious shaved 4.5 secs off my first try. Guess I needed to clear the lactic acid out the first run...nice Starbucks gift bag and 3 month gym membership for Life Works - $222 value

So bizzare day with my legs, complete hitting the wall to edging out impressive cross country athletes.

Wednesday is same event at Wild Bills in town, winner from both events receives a pass for Mt. Norquay.

Family walk this morning up Tunnel Mtn, Marn's first since giving birth. Afternoon spin on trainer to flush out the legs which felt nice with a few longer intervals thrown in there. Seth and I went for a swim at Banff Springs in the afternoon, mmm the hot tub was perfect! Tasty yellow curry tonight and call it a night soon.

See what Wednesday night brings :)

No comments: