Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Winterstart Run

Got voluntold to enter this years 8.5 km Winterstart run representing the Fox against the other properties. I don't run I said, well you bike was response....sure why not. It had been years since I had actually gone for a solo run....granted was up Tunnel this summer lugging Seth in the backpack.

Went well, forgot how mentally draining running can be, many thoughts going through your head running in the dark.

35:49 put me 78th out of 1030 people. Only goal was not too blow which I succeeded, still the HR was up entire time. People were blowing left right and center on the hill by Rocky resort. Thought my time was fine until I saw 27 minutes for winners - ha ha.

The comp beers in the parkade was the topper to a fun night....3 days later and certain body parts are still aching :)

1 comment:

Alida K said...

Way to go CJ, especially for not running. If only I could be that fast ;-)