Tuesday, November 30, 2010

End of season thoughts

December 1st tomorrow, reiterate this was the fastest year of my life. Marnie finding out she was pregnant end of January, a very busy summer with limited time spent with Marn but 1000 fold more time with Seth, to the birth of another son October 6th.

With an intense life schedule, Marn and I's individual time outside of "family" was limited to say the least. Marnie, who I am so proud of for this, taught yoga through the winter. She overcame nervousness at first (fair enough) to becoming an inspiring yogi so naturally. We both did our best to get out x country a number of times lugging Seth behind me. 2 - 3 hrs week were spent jumping on the trainer downstairs for a quick sweat.

Spring arrived quickly with Prairie Roubaix race mid April, Velocity stage race May 2nd and Banff stage race mid June. Valuable learning experiences all in their own way. Spent next 1.5 months riding a whopping 4hrs putting on 12 lbs :) But enjoyed those months with Seth and Marn on a few road trips and plenty of bikes to Cascade ponds relaxing in the sun.

2 months after last race had spur of moment entry to road provincials finishing 4th with then the Bow 80 being cancelled mid September. Boom end of summer just like that. My first cyclo cross race ever on Halloween blew me to pieces, note to self ride more than 2 hrs the previous month - hilarious how much it hurt and how blown I was. Cross is so wicked, next year? If only I had a cross bike.

Happy overall with the 4 races, considering my busy schedule. I am able to preach the "less is more" expression, though that was my only option of training. All my training is from my own studies on the internet, magazines and picking the brains of friends so happy with results. Must solve how to 'peak' exactly for a certain weekend.

Do I hire a coach, sure that would be ideal, spare a few g's for me anyone? No seriously am setting a few race goals for next season with hopes of a mountain bike race or two. Will keep at my suffers on the trainer this winter and get out x country skiing with the family - weight of Chariot with the boys in it will be around 40 lbs :)

No comments: