Sunday, February 27, 2011

Watt test

I met Shane Munro (www.ascentphysio.com ) 2 weeks ago at spin class. Chatted about his Compu trainer he was using that night where he said he would bring in his extra one for me following week as told him have never used one and would love to see watt numbers I can pump out. Next class hooked it up and fiddled around with watts, he told me approx watts from his testing. He was then nice enough to lend me the device for next 2 weeks as he was off to Florida with Canadian kayak team.

Several days later I did a 30 minute test at home to see what wattage I could hold for sustained time frame. Settled in nicely but hit a wall at 15 minutes and had to 'regroup' for a minute but held on for remaining time going extra hard last 3 minutes, thanx to the Tool blaring in my ears. Interestingly my HR was 160's which was fine to hold but legs were holding back being heavy. Overall happy with numbers, will have to try again in April and see the difference with numbers.

After reading articles for years mentioning train at this wattage and such, those numbers were all blank to me. Now doing this test I have an idea what I can hold.

Will do another test in a few days to see max wattage. Start and increase 20w every 30 seconds until unable to hold. I am excited to see what that number will be.

Went for skate ski after work with Marn on Monday as her mom watched both kids. Spray loop track was so fast that day, we had a riot being out together.

Spin class Friday consisted of plenty of big ring with high and low cadence mixes - usual suffer fest  :)

Off to Fairmont to see the folks this afternoon for 2 nights, its been a while!

No comments: