Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Trainer, skate ski and bike fit

Had a great spin on trainer Sunday before family got home. Pyramid sets of 30 minute total intervals which resulted in a perfect burn.

Next evening to Nordic Center for skate ski with Colin. 2 minutes in with Colin's pace and I knew I was in for a hurt. 1.5 hrs all up with some of the most eye ball popping suffering I have ever experienced in any sport. Broke trail through 5+ odd cms which added to the grind, of course this was a 'recover day' walk in the park for Colin but a much needed grind for me.

Today I had a bike fit with Jay Balabas at Bike Cafe in Canmore.
http://www.bicyclecafe.com/

From new foot beds with shimming, a much shorter stem and tweaks with cleats, I have a completely new set up....and I am stoked!!! I should have done this 1.5 yr ago when I purchased the bike. Watching the video when I first started to the end result, the positioning was night and day for the better. So excited for the new set up, highly recommend him to anyone out there!

No comments: