Friday, August 5, 2011

Keith just has to out do me

Told Keith about my Bow Summit ride, next day he heads out with Bobo and 5 other yahoos to Bow as well. For fun he just has to add in 2 laps around Minnewanka/Tunnel when they return to make it a 260km day - just had to out do me :). But he laughed when I told him my riding time where it was 45 mins faster than 7 of them together.

Prime training time for Bow 80 right now. Read some informative articles this winter/spring where come race day, what you did 4-6 weeks back is your main fitness base.

Keith and I had a nice several hour spin last night with laps around Minnewanka/J-Lake/Tunnel to flush the legs out, love the flying descent into Johnson Lake with the new pavement!

Will go hard with the boys this afternoon while they nap in the Chariot for an hour or so around Tunnel. Off to see my parents in Fairmont tomorrow for some golf and dad's smoked food. Stop in Invermere Monday at Marn's friends place to chill on the lake and their boat - supposed to be blue bird and 30 degrees. Will be 4 days off the bike but the legs need that rest after this week of riding.

Made the Outlook paper yesterday for the Fondo race, too bad the reporter misquoted several lines - "only biked 4km last 5 weeks" - told him 4 hard hrs last 5 weeks with 1 hr spins with my kids....

No comments: