Monday, October 10, 2011

Getting some flack

Out for a casual cruise in jeans with Keith on the mountain bikes yesterday where we ran into Colin and Craig coming off climbing Mother's Day Butress on Cascade Mtn.

Craig was laughing how I hit a wall in the Bow 80 due to road biking all year and how different mtn biking is....and the fact that he kicked my ass in the race. I know I know even if it was only my 3rd day on a trail, your upper body does not receive the same beating on the road as on a mtn bike - but the only excuse that day is my legs were not there. Told Craig I am getting back to 'my roots' next year while hoping to mtn bike race more. Hope to get out with them Wed afternoon down Upper Stoney. Colin said he was shredding some pow at Rae Glacier the day before. Some nice lines with a 'hot shot 24yr old with dreads' he said.....

No comments: