Saturday, October 8, 2011

A new partnership

I am super excited to start working with Dave Vukets with not only nutrition but on the training side of things as well.  I met Dave at the TT bike check during the Banff Fest, he offered advice on nutrition after hearing my lackluster bonking perfomance during the 1A race. Several e mails back and forth this summer where this week we confirmed working together.

This will be the first time I will have a structured program with actual training phases and peaks etc. I have done well myself winging it in the past gathering info from the web and magazines throwing it together some way or another. But riding at this caliber requires more than winging it, especially maximizing the limited riding time I have.

Check his nutrition business www.performanutrition.ca/
Rides with www.trekredtruckracing.com/

Marn, the boys, Jack and Christie drove down to Little Bow Friday morning for Thanksgiving weekend, I am unfortunately stuck working. After they left, I dusted off the trainer and spun for 1.5hrs as it was pouring out and 5 degrees. The rain subsided a tad several hours later where Keith and I spun out to Healy Creek / Sunshine road and around Banff. 1.5hrs later and back home. Solid day!

Excited to get outside over the next several days, dust off the road bike with spins on the mtn bike as well.

No comments: